Friday 20 January 2012

Friday Flowers and the tale of a New Vase

Funnily enough this Friday Flowers is more about the vase than the flowers........are you sitting comfortably?............let me explain.

Last Saturday I took a trip up to London to meet up with 3 friends, Eileen, Barbe and Christina, who I used to work with over 30 years ago.......can it really be that long???........in the fashion industry. Somehow or other (mainly due to Barbe) we have stayed in touch and meet 2 or 3 times a year for lunch and a catch up.
I go up to London so seldom these days that I always catch an early train and give myself a couple of hours to have a look around. Last Saturday was no exception and I planned a walk down Regents Street cutting through Soho to meet up with the girls at midday in Covent Garden.

Halfway down Regents Street I had a look around Anthropologie....now I know you American readers will know this shop only too well, I've only visited it once before and was bowled over by the display furniture, the living wall of plants and this time......the Vase!!! I looked at it , I picked it up, saw the price, put it back down and walked away.
All through lunch I thought about it, I told my friends about it, and they all agreed that if something has that much of an impact on you, then you should buy it. Now I'm good at doing this at antiques fairs....if something speaks to me I buy it.......... but this was a newly made vase!
So after our delightful lunch I retraced my steps....feet feeling a little tired at this point...and yes dear reader I bought the Vase!!

So you will either think I'm mad, or not, I still love it, I love it more with Tulips in it. When I first set eyes on it it spoke to me of Delft pottery, the type you see in Dutch Old Masters holding prize Tulips. Here's my take on a modern Tulip vase......








































The vase is made by Molly Hatch an American ceramicist, she had a shop on Etsy, but due to pressure of work it is closed at the moment, blame Anthropologie methinks!! Hopefully one day she will open it again and I can add to my collection.

Have a lovely weekend
Georgie xx

3 comments:

Kathy Barrick said...

Good for you Georgie!! When something speaks to you that much, it was made to be yours! And I can certainly see why that vase spoke to you. It's STUNNING!!!

Michelle said...

Yes it is a lovely vase,just enjoy it,and it look perfect with the Tulips, Thank you for shareing.x

lorraine said...

Kathy took the words right out of my mouth...STUNNING!