Friday 30 November 2012

Friday Flowers


Well here it is..... my christmas wreath complete with hyacinths! I shall be interested to see how it looks when they flower, hopefully in time for Christmas.....I'll keep you posted.


We all had a fabulous time at the Martin and the Magpie Christmas workshop, the interior of the shop is inspiration enough but then Martin showed us the basics of wreath making on a wire frame, a table centrepiece with candle ( I'm definately going to make one of these) and a swag for the mantlepiece or stairs based on a length of rope!


We were then encouraged to have a go ourselves.....it was so lovely having huge amounts of greenery to play with, and to use anything we wanted, hence the hyacinths and dried hydrangeas. As you can see we were all concentrating like mad and everyone went home with something unique and fabulous.


Thank you Martin and Kay for a lovely morning, can you book my place for next year?

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend
Georgie

4 comments:

Martin & the Magpie said...

Thank you for your lovely post Georgie!! So pleased you enjoyed yourself! Can't wait to see what it looks like when the hyacinths are in flower!
Martin xx

flowers on my table said...

Hello Georgie, your wreath looks fantastic and with that wonderfully distressed door behind too! I just popped over from Martin and the Magpie to take a look at you. Have a wonderful weekend, love Linda x

flowers on my table said...

Georgie, how lovely of you to visit me and leave such lovely comments, they are very much appreciated. I will have to try and find out about the lipstick, it is interesting, isn't it? Have a wonderful Wednesday, love Linda x

flowers on my table said...

Georgie, I am so sorry, I am a dizzy bird! I got mixed up with your comments and Nella's. I would love to have some of your ledger paper, perhaps after Christmas. I hadn't n oticed that you have an Etsy shop. I have just been there and I love all your little paste buckles and brooches. I could have done with some of those buckles for the boots I made. Nevermind, I know where to come now.


Have a lovely day, love Linda x